A non-refundable deposit on booking and the outstanding balance no less than 28 days prior to the start date of the course. A place on the course will be reserved for the students once the deposit has been received.
Cancellation fees are set at:
Less than 30 days prior: 20% of outstanding amount to be paid
Less than 14 days prior: 50% of outstanding amount to be paid
Less than 7 days prior: 100% of outstanding amount to be paid
Students will be required to complete an Indemnity form and a Code of Conduct form on arrival at the centre.
These fees are subject to change.
More detailed information about specific course fees can be found in the table below.
Costs include (All costs include 15% VAT.)
All course materials and related excursions, access to an extensive library and all training facilities, accommodation, free Wi-Fi throughout the centre, all meals, teas, coffees and cordials, and comprehensive public liability insurance cover, (full details of the extent of the cover can be found on the Legal Documents page).
Included on the 60 day course:
- FGASA registration, first year membership subscription,one exam fee and a level 1 practical assessment to be taken during the course.
- 1st aid wilderness level 1,
- A basic clothing issue as part of the Antares uniform will be supplied.
- A basic set of recommended books valued at just under R1000.
Included on the 6-month course:
- A Trails Guide theory exam and practical assessment is also included as well as all the NQF 2 inclusions as above.
In addition to the above inclusions on the 6-month course will be:
- A pair of 10 x 42 Vortex binoculars valued at over R3500
- A comprehensive clothing issue as part of the Antares uniform.
- A comprehensive issue of recommended books valued at over R2000
- A 4×4 driving course
- 1st aid wilderness level 1 & 2
- FGASA endorsed Snake awareness and reptile handling course
- 4-day Photographic course
- Track and sign course
- ARH training and assessment, including SASSETA competence
- Marketing, hosting and Business skills
- Wine tasting
- A 4-day mentorship trail
Transport to and from the centre (other than on day of arrival if required), conservation fees into the Kruger National Park, personal toiletries, any medication.